1. Laura Mercier oil free tinted moisturiser. This is my go to base on days when I am running errands or just around and about, and has an SPF20 (although as I was in Spain I had picked skin care with an SPF of 30 in any case). I use this in Sand. Every time I wear this people tell me I look well – it brings just a tiny hint of colour to my cheeks, blends beautifully and is great on my combination skin. Prise it from my cold, dead hands.
2. NARS concealer in Custard. Great coverage, I use it for under eye circles and when wearing the Laura Mercier TM I top up with this over some thread veins round my nose and on my chin (nice).
3. Chanel eyeshadow quad in Prelude. I never tire of these colours and wear something from this palette most days. Makes a brilliant liner with a wet brush too, negating the need to pack an extra liner. I’ve read some people saying they have a problem with the baked formula, but that’s never been an issue for me.
4. Estee Lauder Double Wear Mascara in black. The only mascara I have ever found that I can wear all day that does not irritate my eyes. I stock up wherever I see them on special offer.
5. Burberry bronzer. A fantastic product that is really subtle and has a tiny shimmer. No orange faces with this one, but just a really healthy glow.
6. Bobbi Brown blush in Desert Rose (ancient). A dusky pink that layers nicely over the bronzer.
7. Revlon Lip Butter in Berry Smoothie. Love this rich formulation in the Summer. The bargain buy of the year, especially when Boots or Superdrug have them on special offer.
8. Bobbi Brown lip gloss, in a mystery colour because there is no label on it. Petal, maybe? *helpful face* I usually layered this over the lip butter.
9. Burberry Lip Cover in English Rose. My everyday wear at the mo, and the thing you can prise out of my other cold, dead hand.
So there you have it. On reflection, it’s not exactly minimal when you spell it out, but it was enough for six days in the sun without makeup fatigue.